Students opting to undergo a three year undergraduate degree in B.Com at IIKM will in addition to being exposed to all subjects in Commerce will also be trained to use software technology to enhance performance in their professional environment. The relevance of application of computer knowledge and skills in workplace is increasing exponentially. In this current scenario the vital role played by computers in managing various accounts related to business cannot be ignored. Thus the aim of this degree revolves around equipping the students with the correct acumen and skills to pursue higher studies as well as make them smart and employable.
A Pass in 10+2 or Final year 10+2 students awaiting results.
The following streams are available for B.Com students
> B.Com - Accounting & Finance
Add-On of CMA (US) with B.Com/BBA :
> Knowledge of US Certified Management Accountant (Equivalent to Indian CMA)
> Indian Degree + Global Certification
> Opportunity for differential placement in the final year of college
B.Com + CMA (US)
ABOUT CMA (USA)
CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the highest management accounting qualification in the US with global credibility and offered by the IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), US. From an Indian perspective, IMA also had a MoU with the ICWAI whereby both institutes mutually recognized each other’s members.
CMA Exam will be a 4-hours exam each with 75% MCQs and 25% Essays for Both Parts.
Students would cover CMA exam content along with their university curriculum. They can appear for and clear their CMA exams even before completing their graduation which, besides adding to their skill sets, would also make them eligible for differential placement.
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Content Specification
Part 1 1 Financial Planning, Performance and Control (4 hours – 100 questions and 2 essay questions)
• Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting - 30% Level C
• Performance Management- 25% Level C
• Cost Management - 25% Level C
• Internal Controls - 15% Level C
• Professional Ethics 5 %Level C
• Part 2 Financial Decision Making
Part 2 Financial Decision Making (4 hours – 100 questions and 2 essay questions)
• Financial Statement Analysis 25% Level C
• Corporate Finance 25% Level C
• Decision Analysis and Risk Management 25% Level C
• Investment Decisions 20% Level C
• Professional Ethics 5 %Level C
Skill sets of a CMA
- Knowledge of a Management Accountant
- Knowledge in financial statement analysis
- Knowledge in preparing Budgets, Financial reports and statements
- Knowledge in internal audit
- Decision making and analytical skills
The key highlights of the course are:
- CMA offered by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), US.
- Only 2 papers (75% Multiple Choice questions) with exams in India. (i) Financial Planning, Reporting, Performance & Control, (ii) Financial Decision-making
- US equivalent of Indian CMA (from ICWAI) or CIMA-UK.
- MOU between IMA & ICWAI ensures mutual recognition of US & Indian CMAs.
- Extensive Career opportunities with MNCs in accounting & finance roles
- Highly recommended for Indian B.Com/ BBA/ MBA/ CA/ ICWAI/even Non-Commerce students
- Students can take up CMA qualification and write exams while pursuing their under-graduation
- The significant overlap of the CMA curriculum with the College / University curriculum.